The retail industry has been revolutionized in recent years with the emergence of retail startups that are disrupting the traditional shopping experience. As we enter 2021, there are several retail startups that are poised for growth and success. From e-commerce platforms to brick-and-mortar stores, here are the top retail startups to watch for in 2021.
1. ThredUp: ThredUp is an online consignment and thrift store that offers a sustainable and affordable alternative to fast fashion. The company has seen tremendous growth in recent years and has raised over $300 million in funding. In 2021, ThredUp will further expand its offerings to include more high-end and luxury brands. With a focus on sustainability and affordability, ThredUp is a must-watch retail startup that is changing the way we shop.
2. Neighborhood Goods: Neighborhood Goods is a new kind of department store that focuses on creating an immersive and experiential shopping experience. The startup has raised over $25 million in funding and has already opened two stores in Texas. In 2021, Neighborhood Goods plans to expand to other cities across the United States. With a focus on community and engagement, Neighborhood Goods is redefining the traditional department store model.
3. Bolt: Bolt is a mobile checkout platform that enables retailers to process transactions quickly and seamlessly. The startup has raised over $90 million in funding and has a growing list of retail partners that include Nike and Forever 21. In 2021, Bolt plans to expand its offerings to include new payment methods and integrations with other retail technologies. As retailers look for ways to streamline their checkout process, Bolt is a startup to watch.
4. Zola: Zola is an e-commerce platform that offers a one-stop-shop for all of your wedding needs. From invitations to registry items, Zola has everything you need to plan your big day. The startup has raised over $140 million in funding and has grown rapidly since its launch in 2013. In 2021, Zola plans to expand its offerings to include more categories and to grow its customer base even further.
5. Verishop: Verishop is an online marketplace that offers a curated selection of products from a variety of brands. The startup has raised over $30 million in funding and has attracted a number of high-profile retail partners, including Nike and Levi’s. In 2021, Verishop plans to expand its offerings to include more home and beauty products. With its focus on curation and quality, Verishop is a startup that is changing the way we shop online.
These are just a few of the top retail startups to watch for in 2021. With their innovative business models, commitment to sustainability, and focus on customer experience, these startups are redefining the retail industry and setting the stage for the future of shopping. As consumers continue to demand more from their shopping experiences, these startups are poised for continued growth and success.